I finally did it.... instead of just lepaking at home, I drove all the way to Ain's
house for a tatting session!
So now dah faham sikit2.... balik rumah practice and this is what I managed to do..
Just ignore the picots yg macam2 size tu... ada S, M, L and even XL... Tapi right now I just want to concentrate on getting the technique right... haha...
Athirah says they look like rabbits' ears.... ok ok I know they're big.... looks like I need to practice more.....
Here's the carrot cake recipe. Sorry takde gambar, gambar kat blog Dania!
1 cup oil
1 1/3 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
3 cups coarsely grated carrots (about 3 medium carrots)
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup chopped raisins
2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 teaspoons mixed spice ( I just use cinnamon powder)
Cream Cheese Frosting
80g cream cheese, softened
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1 tblsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1. Grease and line baking pan
2. Beat oil, sugar and eggs in small bowl until thick and creamy.
3. Tranfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in carrots, nuts and raisins, then sifted dry ingredients.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan, bake in moderate oven for 45 mins.
5. Cover loosely with foil; bake about further 45 mins. Stand a few minutes before turning onto
wire rack to cool. Top cold cake with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
Beat butter, cheese, rind and juice in small bowl until light and fluffy; gradually beat in sifted icing sugar.
Labels: Cooking, Tatting