Mula2 Alyaa kata teringin carrot cake, so I baked one the week before school closed. Since we cannot finish one whole cake by ourselves, I cut it into small pieces for her to bring to school and share with some of her classmates. The recipe is in a previous posting...
Then ada pulak someone else teringin nak makan Black Forest CheeseCake. So it was back to the kitchen for me.... This cheesecake is a favorite in my family, kalau ada buat makan2 kat rumah I will make this. It's easy to make (very important criteria for me) and tastes good too
This is the recipe for the cheese cake:
250gm Plain chocolate biscuits, finely crushed (I normally use Digestive aje, Marie pun ok jugak)
125gm butter, melted
3 tsp gelatine
1/2 cup water
250gm cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice ( I normally don't put this)
300ml thickened cream
425gm can pitted black cherries
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp caster sugar
1. Combine crumbs and butter ub bowl, mix well; press over base and side of tin. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
2. Sprinkle gelatine over water in cup, stand in small pan of simmering water, stir until dissolved; cool. (I just out it into the microwave)
3. Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice with mixer until smooth and creamy.
4. Whip cream until soft peaks form, fold into cheese mixture; fold in gelatine mixture. Drain cherries, reserve syrup for topping.
5. Spoon one-third of mixture into crumb crust, top wiht half the cherries, continue layering, ending with cheese mixture. Refrigerate several hours until firm.
6. Spread topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate until set.
topping: Blend cornflour and sugar with reserved syrup in pan. Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens, cool 10 mins before using.
Source: Women's weekly cookbook: Sweet old-fashioned favourites
Selamat mencuba... I didn't take a photo after cutting cos it wasn't for me! This recipe is enough for 2 x 22cm pie tins. So for the rest of the mixture, I added rasberry filling instead of putting in the cherries... sedap jugak!!!